- This event has passed.
International Training Weekend, Lebanon
Friday 2nd Feb @ 5:00 pm - Sunday| $200
Sharing Bread and Salt
A gathering of people passionate about helping young Christians and Muslims to be peace makers in a world of conflict.
For people exploring, getting started or wanting new ideas for work with Muslim and Christian young people.
Start Date: Friday 2nd February 2018, 17:00
End Date: Sunday 4th February 2018, 16:00
Location: Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (ABTS) Beirut, Lebanon
Costs: $200 US
Full board for 2 nights, conference fees and transfer between Beirut airport and ABTS
Participants are responsible for their own flight arrangements and costs.
An exciting opportunity to meet people who bring together Muslim and Christian young people to make friends, talk about faith and change the lives of those around them. Set in the lovely surroundings of ABTS overlooking Beirut and the Mediterranean, this weekend will be an opportunity to learn from people experienced in this work, meet others from different countries interested in this style of youth work and see youth work with Christian and Muslim teenagers.
The weekend will include:
- Talks and workshops from The Feast team from the UK and the Kebhz w Meleh team from Lebanon.
- Plenary sessions on the values and ethos that underpin these encounters
- A chance to see a youth encounter in action between Muslim and Christian teenagers and to discuss the event with leaders and young people.
- The workshops will be delivered by Christian and Muslim facilitators
- Practical workshops on:
- How to get started
- Dealing with difficult issues
- Student work
- Working with under 18’s
- Dialogue between refugees and host communities
- Working in a multi-faith context
There will be simultaneous translation available in English and Arabic
There is also the chance to stay on for a day of sightseeing in Lebanon on the Monday and leaving Lebanon on Tuesday 6th February. This will include a visit to the ancient and beautiful port of Byblos as well as full board and accommodation for the day. The full cost of this extra option is $100 US.
If you would like to arrive a few days early and do extra cultural sightseeing please contact Sandra Langston for details on 0121 675 1158.